I am this OLD

Lilypie 5th Birthday PicLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Kara's first Christmas in America

I will put pictures later; I can't find my card reader, actually can't find much of anything since I came home, I am having a hard time getting used to being here and have been knocked down hard with a terrible cold. Consequently I missed all the Christmas shopping this year, including getting stocking stuffers. No stockings for anyone, the family forgot to get them out of storage. I of course brought home some Ukrainian keepsakes, but that was it. One day of shopping by the SDA, the weekend before I came home.

I am ecstatic to be home, but I am also having a hard time adjusting to the time, climate, and language change. I told quite a few people spaceba here since home. 6 weeks is an awful long time to be away from home, the man at the American consulate told me our adoption was longer than the average of 4 weeks. Though I met a family who was there for 8, so it was not the longest.

There are 5 large baskets of dirty clothes that need washing and 4 of my plants did not survive my absence, but all in all everyone seems to have done fine without Mom here. My kittens do not remember me, I am having to re-establish my connections to them, sadly one also was hit by a car the week before I got home. That happened the same week my oldest totaled his car, thankfully he is OK, and it was not his fault, but now he needs a new car.

So much happened in the 6 weeks I was gone from home; I missed my sons play, my daughters choral performance, my birthday, Thanksgiving, Meghan's 7th birthday and all the holiday fun before Christmas day. I am sad that I could not share those special times with my family, but we do have a new family member who is the sweetest little baby, everything we went through was more than worth it.

Well, back to bed with me, the family wants to see a movie, but Mom has been up since 2:30, and with all the coughing and sneezing, I would rather stay home than cough through a movie...thankfully this too shall pass.

4 comments:

junglemama said...

Merry Christmas! Your family is beautiful! Can you please share how old your daughte Kara is?

BTW, we are adopting a child with special needs. Your blog is very inspiring.

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Enjoy that little Kara. AND GET WELL SOON....

Kathy and Matt said...

Your picture of the two girls is beautiful!

Hope you are having a little time to rest and get over your cold. It's a hard time of year to be sick and doubly so with a new little one at home.

Thank you for sharing your journey with us!

Arizona mom to eight said...

Kara is 3, her birthday is October 28th.

Advocacy

Advocacy

Kara's next birthday

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Please visit our other blogs too