I am this OLD

Lilypie 5th Birthday PicLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Social security card in hand!

Yes, it is here, I am so relieved. Yet I feel somewhat disturbed, each envelope was torn open just enough for someone to peer in with a fiber optic and see our numbers. You would think that the SS administration would protect our identities better than this?

Why am I disturbed, is identity theft really that big of a threat? OH YES. Right now DH is fighting the credit bureau because it lists that we defaulted on a T-Mobile bill. Supposedly we ordered three phones in 2005 and ran up a $900 bill and never paid them. except the name was wrong, the drivers license number was wrong, and WE HAD ATT-Cingular-ATT for over 10 years, AND we do not live at the address listed. We have lived here for 22 years. Not to mention it was not us, until this charge showed up on our credit report did we even know about this bill (well why would we?) Equifax said they found we owed this money, it WAS our bill. Somewhere some scumbag is laughing as he gets away with this and skips off to hurt another family...

So here Kara gets her SS# and the envelope is torn enough for someone to steal her identity. I suppose I call the SS administration next. Any of our blog readers know what I should do, you can tell me I am being paranoid too. We just got news last night that Equifax denied the claim. I am so perturbed with them, they are completely and utterly wrong here and this is quite damaging to our credit, and yet they do not care.

On the bright and sunny side, we can get her appointment with DDD (Division of Developmental Disabilities) now, our Kara will get on the system and begin getting ready to attend her special preschool next August!

4 comments:

carol said...

Kris,
I do not think you are paranoid. I would call s.s and tell them about your fears. I am sorry to hear about your credit report. That is bad and scarey good luck. The good news is that Kara will be getting in the system and can get started with preschool in the fall.
Good luck with everything. I dont think you can ever be to protective.
Carol N.

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

I am so happy you got her card and can start her progressing in education.
You are not paranoid about the whole possibility of her SS# being stolen.
My hubby has on his credit that him and his husband still owe on an apt.
Much love and hope for your family's future.

WheresMyAngels said...

Oh so sorry you are having to mess with that. I have no advice for you but hope you get it straightened up.

And how aggravating that her envelope was opened!

But good luck with the services!

Unknown said...

arghhhhhhhhhh and hope that bill gets cared up

Advocacy

Advocacy

Kara's next birthday

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Please visit our other blogs too