I am this OLD

Lilypie 5th Birthday PicLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Kara's 4th birthday video


I wish the quality was better, but I wanted to share Kara walking, she wore her orthotics already, so her feet were resting from them. The dress is a present from Melonie! Melonie, doesn't Kara look sweet in her dress?
She still crawls and walks, we are hoping she will walk more and more as she gets her balance down with the support of the SMO's

Both little girls fell right to sleep, Meghan is still fighting it.

I can hardly believe Kara is home and we just celebrated her first birthday as a Levario, this time last year we were packing and getting ready to go to Ukraine.
As all of you know who adopted from Ukraine; this is a significant birthday for Kara. At age 4 she would be moved to the mental institution for the rest of her life. In her small town the director tried to keep the kids a little longer, so she may have had until spring to find a family had we not adopted her, but no one knew who she was, no family had seen her as far as we know, so her chances of finding a forever family were slim. It was providence that we found our little girl, we now know that things happened along the road to adopt her that led us straight to her. God knew where we were going all along.
Kara was a blind referral, the way most adoptions are done in Ukraine. I am beyond thrilled that we accepted our referral for Kara, it was scary going into the unknown with her adoption, but we were rewarded for our faith with an amazing little girl to love and raise.
Thank you to everyone who had a part in helping us bring Kara Irina home.

10 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

What a beautiful birthday picture of Kara.
That is such a wonderful video of Kara walking. (I am in tears)
She is blooming so beautiful with all the love she is receiving from her wonderful family.

Valda said...

Wow! I can't believe she is 4! Happy Birthday Kara! Love the video of her walking and her dress is just gorgeous!

Dolores said...

Adorable little girl! Look, she's walking! Happy birthday Kara!

And thanks for all of that info on orthotics, Kris!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARA!
I went back and looked at Kara's pictures from the beginning. To see her now surrounded by her family you can clearly see the LOVE and JOY on her face. What an amazing little girl! May God CONTINUE to bless you! Kris you inspire me! :)

Stacy
Gn10B

Shelly Turpin said...

I loved it - she looks wonderful! My favorite is right at the end - her happy, happy face in the camera!!!
Happy Birthday Kara!

Anonymous said...

Kris,
How wonderful!!!! She is just beautiful... full of smiles! The dress is a perfect fit for a perfect little girl, Im so glad it fit her.
Love you guys, Melonie

traceylynndel said...

Kara is just two weeks older than our Katya. Don't you just love that ET walk with the hands in the air? Ella used to do that too. Happy birthday Kara Irina!

Tracey

LIN said...

What a beautiful birthday girl!! The video of her walking is just adorable. Her dress and cake are very pretty too.

carol said...

Kris,
What a Beautiful little girl you have. I love the walking video. She is just adorable in her birthday dress. Her smiles light up the night. What a lucky family to have found each other. You can feel the love looking at that smile of Kara what a happy little girl she is. God Bless
carol n

junglemama said...

Happy birthday Kara! You are beautiful!

Advocacy

Advocacy

Kara's next birthday

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Please visit our other blogs too