
Yesterday we attended a really fun meeting for our local Down syndrome support group. They are always fun, though this one was not that well attended which upset Kathy G, the director , as she works so very hard to get these meetings scheduled and set up. It was a pity, there was so much for the kids to do too.
Meghan and Tom played in the play kitchen area, I was talking to other moms and the new president of our local ARC Kristy M. She is an amazing woman, and we both agree that even though we are doing better than some eastern block nations in providing a good life for people who have disabilities, we are not doing enough, and a lot of work needs to be done.
I watched a sweet 3 year old running through the room and playing, he is a fraternal twin to a sister who does not have Down syndrome. I watched him for a while and thought about Eva, she would be about as tiny as he except she would not be running all over the room. So much to help her with once home. I know that therapy and doctor appointments are going to be an inevitable part of our new life (like we aren't used to it) but honestly I keep thinking about just loving Eva (and Amanda) holding them, getting to know them. Kristy said that it is an amazing opportunity to help a little one who was so delayed and see how a loving home, good medical care, and therapy can change her life. I have seen pictures of little ones with heart conditions before their surgeries and then after, the positive change in them is incredible.
We watched Meghan playing with the other children and I was happy to think she would have two little sisters this time next year, and how different our quiet lives will be. What a thrill!!






1 comment:
im smiling to my self as im in ur archives evva eva eva such a sweety jsut like my litle charge friend im off to read more
Post a Comment