I am this OLD

Lilypie 5th Birthday PicLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 7, 2008

Birth Certificate of Foreign Birth

Came in the mail today, BUT

See Kara's expression? I am beginning to feel this way myself, these bureaucrats are driving me bonkers. AZ has so many silly laws that seem to prohibit international adoption and make it very difficult to those of us who have adopted, this latest thing is just the last straw for me!


Doesn't Kara look like a Hoo here? LOL

I waited since the 22nd of February for the birth certificate and was not pleased to see these words" This certificate is not evidence of U.S. Citizenship" well crud, as if I were not a grump already today, this really steamed me. Why did we go through all that hassle if it is not proof of U.S. Citizenship? I showed them everything they asked for!?

Now I am supposing (which let's face it is dangerous) that the COC (certificate of citizenship) combined with this birth certificate will be enough to get Kara's SS#? Suppose these folks have different ideas, when I called them they told me to bring ALL of the documents from our adoption. Give me a break people, all you need is the COC and the birth certificate. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

DH has agreed to deal with the SS office, I have had it with this paper chase here. Besides he missed most of the fun in Ukraine getting those papers so it is only fair, and you know what, AZ is just as wacky (though the fees are upfront...) I wonder if I should just get her passport to prove she is a US Citizen. I wonder what paperwork THEY would want?

9 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Horray... I mean GEEZE... LOL
I love those pics of Kara...
Hope things work out soon for you to get her SS#.

carol said...

Kris,
I am sorry that this is all so frustrating.Hopefully it will all be over soon. Kara looks great.
I am glad Hubby is helping you with the SS# good luck.
Carol N.

carol said...

Kris,
I am sorry that this is all so frustrating.Hopefully it will all be over soon. Kara looks great.
I am glad Hubby is helping you with the SS# good luck.
Carol N.

Anonymous said...

that is what pretty much birth certificates say that you get here, both my childrens from EE say the exact same thing across the top, it is not just AZ.
FYI the only thing you need is the COC and then you may also get a US passport, it only takes 3 weeks and it and the COC are as concrete proof they are US citizens as you can get for anyone.

Arizona mom to eight said...

Thank you anonymous, she already has her COC, so perhaps a US passport is next!

Stefanie and Bill said...

Hi Kris, I live in NY and legally re adopted our son(from UA) right after we brought him home(2006). We then received his Certificate of Birth Data from NY State and it states it is not proof of US Citizenship as well. We simply wanted the record of birth in NY, so if God forbid his UA birth certificate was lost or destroyed and so he had an American Document as others born in this Country. I got a SS# for prior to us re-adopting him in NY with no problem. Just need the COC and I took the court decree as well,although I do not think it was necessary. A SS card came in the mail within 3 weeks. Also, as hard as it was to part with the COC for a passport, the sent it back to me priority without me asking. Hope this helps! The idea of more paperwork is so painful after the adoption process!! Hang in there!! Stefanie

Arizona mom to eight said...

Stefanie,

Thank you, this is good information for me to have. I have so many copies of the birth certificate both before her name change and after. The originals and translated notarized apostilled copies. I hope they will accept them if the original ever gets lost.

I agree, more paperwork is difficult to deal with, but we do what we have to do. We still need to get Kara in developmental disability system. 3 weeks for the SS# is too long, we still need to file our income taxes. Ugh.

Kris

carol said...

Kris,
Are you having any luck with Kara's ssn#?
Hope al is well with all of the girls.
Carol N

Anonymous said...

We live in NY and just came back 3 weeks ago with our daughter from China. Would anyone want to email me about re-adoption and reasons to or not to? We have a Certificate of Citizenship and are getting Certificate of Birth Data which will get us SS and Passport, I believe...why re-adopt?
Thanks
lucy.limberis@gmail.com
www.northcountryfamily.blogspot.com

Advocacy

Advocacy

Kara's next birthday

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Please visit our other blogs too