I am this OLD

Lilypie 5th Birthday PicLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Friday, July 11, 2008

It is so good to be home


Kara saw me at the airport and threw herself at me, I nearly dropped her, she is HUGE, Amanda is such a tiny peanut and I got used to holding her, I can't get over how big Kara has gotten, she wore some of the same clothing Amanda wore in Estonia, and they fell off of her too, and now she can;t wear them at all. Too tight for her.
Kara hugged me and gave me a kiss and hugged me again. She was just so precious. DH, Meghan, Julia , and DS Terry were also along. I got hugs from all of them. When I heard we were descending into Tucson I nearly began bawling my eyes out, a sob escaped and I stopped it. The fatigue is great at the end of the trip, as all who have adopted internationally know.
So we finally get home and I sit little Amanda on the couch and there goes Meghan, rubbing Da's hair (or maybe she means Duh? LOL AmanDA, in case you were wondering where it came from) Well Kara was not going to be left out and crawled over Meghan to grab a huge handful of Amanda's mercifully short hair, then Meghan's, then mine. She was so excited she did not know how to express herself poor little girl.
Kara climbed back on my lap and hugged me close, looked at me like she could not believe her eyes, and hugged me again. My little waif who hated to be held in Ukraine, hugging and kissing her mama. No longer little or a waif, but a robust girl with lots of love to give. Lets hope Amanda survives her affection. tee hee

5 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

That is So cute that the girls were happy to finally have their mother and new sister home. I hope to see a picture of you with your girls soon....

Give them all a hug from me. I wish I could have been there to welcome you all home.

Kathy and Matt said...

Congrats on getting home. It is such an exhausting trip!

How sweet to read of Kara's welcome for you!

Your daughters are so beautiful. I love looking at their pictures. Thanks for sharing your journey(s)!

Glad you are all home together!

carol said...

Kris,
The girls sound like they really missed their mama. It is good that Kara is giving you lots of hugs and kisses. It may take a little bit but soon they will figure out that mama has enough room on her lap and in her heart for all of her girls.Hope you are enjoying being back home.I cant wait to see Amanda is 6 moths. I can only imagine how she will change being in a loving family. Look at sweet Kara she has changes so much.
carol n

WheresMyAngels said...

Oh I can't wait to see more pictures!

Welcome home!

Valda said...

Welcome home Kris and Amanda! I'm glad you're home with all your precious girls!

Advocacy

Advocacy

Kara's next birthday

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Please visit our other blogs too