Kara's Journey to America-Adopted from Ukraine 2007
A little child enters your life and fills a special place in your heart. A place you never even knew was empty.
I am this OLD
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Fifth disease?
So I was doing my Saturday reading and read about Kennedy's rash (Special K's)and went on to read about fifth disease, hmmm, sure sounds like this is close to Kara's rash, click on her picture to enlarge, what do you think moms?
Katya had a funny rash this week too. The dr. said she was allergic to the antibiotic she had almost finished. It did look a lot like this rash though. I asked Katya what that was on her skin and she says "marker". It was cute. She is feeling better now but still a bit spotted. The dr. recommended benedryl for the rash. I hope Kara is feeling better soon.
I don't know what fifth's disease is, so I'm no help! But, Xander is always breaking out in a rash. He has the most sensitve skin! His is mostly on his face and neck though. It might be worth calling the doctor's office and asking...especially if it's not going away.
I forgot to mention, she did see her pediatrician when the rash was very faint, liitle pin pricks, they said it was likely viral and nothing we could do would help it go away. I had a call in with our dermatologist yesterday, but they did not call back. She seems fine except for the scratching, Benedryl helps.
I remember having fifth disease when I was a child. It ran rampant through our neighborhood one summer and everyone had it. I remember the rash looking like this and being itchy. I also had a headache but I really didn't feel bad at all. Hope Kara feels better soon!
That is what i was going to say looks like strep rash to me. i would ask for a blood test for her to check for strep.She may be one that the throat swab does not show on her. carol
8 comments:
OH Geeze Kris. I hope Kara gets better.
Katya had a funny rash this week too. The dr. said she was allergic to the antibiotic she had almost finished. It did look a lot like this rash though. I asked Katya what that was on her skin and she says "marker". It was cute. She is feeling better now but still a bit spotted. The dr. recommended benedryl for the rash. I hope Kara is feeling better soon.
Tracey
I don't know what fifth's disease is, so I'm no help! But, Xander is always breaking out in a rash. He has the most sensitve skin! His is mostly on his face and neck though. It might be worth calling the doctor's office and asking...especially if it's not going away.
I forgot to mention, she did see her pediatrician when the rash was very faint, liitle pin pricks, they said it was likely viral and nothing we could do would help it go away. I had a call in with our dermatologist yesterday, but they did not call back. She seems fine except for the scratching, Benedryl helps.
I remember having fifth disease when I was a child. It ran rampant through our neighborhood one summer and everyone had it. I remember the rash looking like this and being itchy. I also had a headache but I really didn't feel bad at all.
Hope Kara feels better soon!
When I had fifths disease as a child my rash looked like red lace so I'm not sure, I'd have it checked though, it could be a strep rash.
I would think strep rash too. Fifths is supposed to be lacy... glad our girls can be red together... I guess! LOL
That is what i was going to say looks like strep rash to me. i would ask for a blood test for her to check for strep.She may be one that the throat swab does not show on her.
carol
Post a Comment