I am this OLD

Lilypie 5th Birthday PicLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Wow, Kara is really changing

December 2007 and May 2008

Funny, it is harder to capture in pictures all the changes in Kara.

I think that Kara was very much alive and lively with her orphanage family, but we as strangers to her, well she was not with us. So I often wonder how much she has really changed, or is she just feeling like this is truly home now and is more herself?
What is different?

Her smiles, her giggles, her being lively and interactive. there is a sparkle in her eyes and just a sense of fun and contentment.

What she is doing very well is testing boundaries, and she does this often. Her favorite thing to do is crawl rumpus first onto our laps. It is pretty funny to see. She will sit on my lap and ask in her Kara way to be shown more signs. She does the sign for daddy and mommy, but on my face, not hers! She will rest her little head on my chest and hug me, look up and smile, and my heart will melt, and then quick as a flash, she snatches my reading glasses off my face.

Mommy's voice changes from playful to stern and her face changes to a frown, Kara no longer smiles and slowly relinquishes my glasses. I say thank you, and she smiles and hugs me again. She does this many many times per day. I don't like the glasses part, but the rest is pretty cute. :o) Kara broke my glasses in Ukraine much to the horror of the orphanage staff, thankfully I brought two more pairs. She really would like to break these too, I wonder if it is a critique of my fashion sense. LOL

2 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

WOW she has really changed. I think it is cute that she is learning more and more... she is I believe getting more and more comfortable with her surroundings. She knows she is where she is safe and loved. She may do the glasses thing as a way of playing even though you do not think it is fun.
She is so precious I just want to come and kiss those chubby cheeks.... I miss Robert having those... LOL

Arizona mom to eight said...

Dawn,

I remember when Robert had those chubby cheeks!

I think she knows theglasses is wrong, she just wants attention. LOL

Advocacy

Advocacy

Kara's next birthday

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Please visit our other blogs too