The water elements, they are LOUD, but the kids love them. The pool is entered via a gradual slope, perfect for toddlers to sit and play at the edge. It is a special pool for people with disabilities and for therapy for older folks as well, there is a heated pool inside, I truly dislike indoor pools, the smell, eww. This year we were in the far side in the deeper water, we wanted to keep Kara away from the noise and chaos. When she gets used to huge groups, we will let her join the fray.
Kathy G and her son Chase, Kathy is the President of DSC and a good friend. It was great to see her having fun in the water, she works so hard! They are in my favorite part of this pool, it is a loop of water with a strong current. I love to run against the current, it is a great workout...OK, I am a fitness instructor, so that should not surprise anyone, even if I am fluffy and out of shape right now. I miss teaching in the water, and think I will have to get the girls to the pool despite my fluffiness. (fluffy is Yelena's nice way of saying the person is overweight, I like it so much better than FAT) I have not had the time to get back to work with Kara settling in, and now with Amanda coming home, well, lets hope I find a gym with good daycare! Think they would have an issue with three special little girls coming in? We will soon see, I have had enough of not being in shape, exercise and being fit is a part of who I am. The bit of weight lifting I do is not cutting it, time for cardio!
I can't believe how big Meghan is getting. I saw this picture of her walking away and I could see she is getting close to becoming a tweenie. How did that happen? Here she is nice and wet, she loves the water.
Meghan was not fond of her two piece, she does not like her belly showing, she threw a fit when we were leaving the house, so we will use her one piece from now on. May I just say that she picked this suit out when we went shopping for them last summer (end of season sales) Ah fickle females.
We had been looking forward to the swim party for weeks, got the girls all dressed and headed out, and whoops, it was Kara's nap time, so here she is, oblivious to the fact that we are at a swimming pool.
Tom and Meghan went in the water while I sat outside with Kara. I needed the sun anyway! I kept Kara out of it, she has such white delicate skin. Since the pool has a sun shade over it, you have to find a place to sit where the shade does not cover the pool.
Kara finally woke up towards the end and she and I finally entered the pool, it felt so good, it was hot outside yesterday. She was a tad bit scared, but ended up loving the experience. We kept to ourselves because we did not want her overwhelmed by too many folks the first time (as far as we know) that she ever went into a swimming pool. She refused to look at daddy, this was the 5th picture we took, none of them had her face in them. LOL Such a momentous occasion, and she would not do the photo op. :o)
I can't believe how big Meghan is getting. I saw this picture of her walking away and I could see she is getting close to becoming a tweenie. How did that happen? Here she is nice and wet, she loves the water.
Meghan was not fond of her two piece, she does not like her belly showing, she threw a fit when we were leaving the house, so we will use her one piece from now on. May I just say that she picked this suit out when we went shopping for them last summer (end of season sales) Ah fickle females.
Tom and Meghan went in the water while I sat outside with Kara. I needed the sun anyway! I kept Kara out of it, she has such white delicate skin. Since the pool has a sun shade over it, you have to find a place to sit where the shade does not cover the pool.
Kara finally woke up towards the end and she and I finally entered the pool, it felt so good, it was hot outside yesterday. She was a tad bit scared, but ended up loving the experience. We kept to ourselves because we did not want her overwhelmed by too many folks the first time (as far as we know) that she ever went into a swimming pool. She refused to look at daddy, this was the 5th picture we took, none of them had her face in them. LOL Such a momentous occasion, and she would not do the photo op. :o)Can I also say how interesting I think it is that men swim in t-shirts when they get older? Most of the men, including Tom were in theirs, and they say we woman have body image issues! Though I could tell the mommies did not want me taking pictures of them in their suits! I tried my best not to, I completely understand! Oh the days when we all used to strut our stuff, you can always tell when parenthood has taken over your life! Though frankly, I have never felt comfortable walking around in a swimming suit.






3 comments:
The girls look happy .... Hope they enjoyed the day at the pool. I took mine to the pool friday. It was so cold that the kids said they could not swim any longer... pool trips are usually 3-4 hours and we did not make 2 hours.
Brave Kara did a great job. I bet she'll be begging to go to the pool soon.
Love the pics of the girls at the pool! Meghan is getting so BIG! I wouldn't have recognized that pic of her from behind. Kara looks like she may be having a good time. By the end of the summer, I'm sure she will want to be in the water all the time.
Post a Comment