I am this OLD

Lilypie 5th Birthday PicLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Kara brag


Kara November 13th 2007 I thought she was beautiful in her pretty green dress
Kara is growing and changing so much, almost 6 months since she came home to Tucson and for three days straight she has sat at the dinner table and she fed herself. She made a mess, but this is such wonderful progress for her.

Kara June 2008 trying to throw "Circle of Friends" off of the table

I know that Kara was a different child in Ukraine, I think she did less for herself, and interacted less than she does now. I love seeing her waving hello and goodbye, hugging us when she sees us, telling us in sign language that she loves us, and not wanting us to leave the house without her. She is trying to say her name, and proudly after 7 years her sister Meghan is finally saying hers!

Her napping is tapering off, and it is a good thing, she was sleeping 14-16 hours a day, not much time for anything else. I know it was due to some depression, her whole life changed. She seems to think of our home as hers now, I could not be happier with her progress, I am so proud of her.

I hope she will be OK while mommy is gone to Estonia, I hate to leave her behind, I would love to bring all of my daughters with me, but that is not possible. Julia does not have a passport!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hey thanks for visiting me ill visit u lots hope u can visit me i need an update on my blog soon i will on monday as i got two big appts hearing and endo so watch otu for them havent seen them in a while and mie also update tonite as i hjavent in a while hugs ellen in aus

carol said...

Kris.
Kara has changed so much just look how her eyes sparkle now. I know she will miss her mommy very much. But I am certain mommy has made wonderful arrangenemts for all of her girls while she is gone. You are a wonderful mother Kris all of your kids are very lucky to have such loving parents.
Carol N

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

That is so wonderful. I am so proud of Kara... she is doing so well. I am estatic that she has been feeding herself and feels she can express herself now. Kara may have some difficulty with you being gone but she will be very happy when you come back. It may also be an adjustment when the new angel comes home but I know you all will be just fine.

Arizona mom to eight said...

Thanks for visiting our blog Ellen, I will be checking on Monday to see how your appointments went.

Kris

Advocacy

Advocacy

Kara's next birthday

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Please visit our other blogs too