I am this OLD

Lilypie 5th Birthday PicLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 11, 2008

Well, some improvements

Kara is feeling better about having a little sister, a little better anyway. She is beginning to make some friendly overtures towards Amanda. Mostly she climbs on me when Amanda is playing with me and demands my attention. Meghan loves to hear the girls laugh, and she adds her laughter to theirs. We have so much fun here, though we are very busy now that school started for Meghan.
I always call my girls angels, well, they can be, but usually they are little stinkers, both Kara and Amanda decided throwing everything on the floor was good fun, my house is a wreck. I spent a long time teaching Kara not to do it, but now Amanda is so Kara thinks she can too. She also thinks she should be fed like Amanda, and sits at the table and does her fake little cry to get our attention.
She is gradually letting things return to her old normal, feeding herself, playing with Meghan, and going outside to swing. She is smiling more, her eyes sparkling with delight more often and I am happy to see it. She is such a beautiful little girl, sometimes I am sad for her birth mom in Ukraine, she is missing so much. I wonder if she every thinks of her daughter, if Kara's grandmother ever thinks about her. I wonder if they could see the beauty through the features slightly altered by Kara's trisomy.
I want them to know that Kara is loved and cherished in our home. I hope they have some comfort in that knowledge. I would think they may be worried about us adopting Amanda and perhaps not loving Kara as much, but our hearts just keep growing for each new addition.

1 comment:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

I am so happy to know that Kara is making adjustments well. She is such a beautiful girl.

Advocacy

Advocacy

Kara's next birthday

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Please visit our other blogs too