Kara seems to have changed from my baby into a little girl overnight. Honestly, how did that happen so quickly?
I look at her pictures and I see such a big girl, walking 100% now, trying to say a few words, playing, smiling, flirting with her brothers.Maybe it has something to do with Manda being so small and so much more like an infant than Kara, but walking sure does change a child, it makes them more aware of their surroundings, doesn't it?
We gave the girls a lot of educational toys for Christmas and Kara loves the fridge alphabet toy. You put a letter into it and it says the letter and letter sound, she actually plays with it longer than a few seconds!
We gave the girls a lot of educational toys for Christmas and Kara loves the fridge alphabet toy. You put a letter into it and it says the letter and letter sound, she actually plays with it longer than a few seconds!
You can see her sitting in front of the toys, we also have Zoophonics letter on the fridge, they are Meghan's.
My fellow RR parent and friend is in Ukraine right now and she got to meet a family and their children yesterday. The children have Down syndrome and live at home, the wonderful news is Ukraine has a Down syndrome association now and parents are trying hard to educate doctors on the worth of their children with Ds.
I know that it will be an uphill battle, people like to hold on to their belief systems, it is hard to change folks minds about children born with genetic issues, please join me in praying that the families who have an infant born with Down syndrome (any syndrome actually) will have the courage to keep their little one. And it does take tremendous courage to keep their babies, I never saw one person with a disability walking in public in Ukraine, I thank God for the families who decided to raise their children instead of signing them away to an orphanage.
http://www.downsyndrome.com.ua/ is the organization, and the site is in Ukrainian, doggone it, I really want to read it too! I will try babelfish, crossing my fingers that it will work.
When I sit at the computer all three girls come to see what I am doing, Meghan does not do it as much as Kara and Amanda, Amanda does it the most. LOL Here is Kara visiting me, she always wants to see what I am doing.Kara is very curious about a great many things, and she is also fearless, so we have to keep a close eye on her, she can get into some trouble if we don't.






1 comment:
Those pictures of Kara are precious. I do see her growing too fast into a little lady.
We had that fridge toy at work and the kids loved it... it drove some of us crazy too....(when they messed with it on the way out of class)
I have also used the zoophonics program. I liked it.
Post a Comment