I am this OLD

Lilypie 5th Birthday PicLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 8, 2009

I wonder if it an an allergic reaction to antibiotics?

Kara today, the rash is fading.


Thank you all for your comments, I have been scouring the web (it being a weekend, the doctors offices are not open) and I have seen similar rashes on kids who had allergic reactions to Amoxicillin, which Kara was on.



I found this blog:


http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/lauramb/59912/ and it appears that many rashes are a mystery to folks, weird that so many look the same yet everyone had something else.


And here is a good picture of the rash: Amoxicillin rash

I read there were two types of rash associated with Amoxicillin, one that is a drug reaction but not an allergic response, the other is an allergic reaction, with itching and hives. I had a rash from it after Julia was born, they took me off and put me on Sulfa antibiotics, and I broke out in hives that lasted 3 weeks. No fun.

4 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

it sure could be....

carol said...

Looks miserable. I hope she gets to feeling better soon.
carol

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

It very well could be!

Alice said...

Did you ever figure it out? Gavin had the very red cheeks when he had fifths. He was covered in spots, especially on his trunk. They were not raised or itchy. Some connected into big, blotchy patches. They slowly faded away. He was sick-fever, cranky-before the rash.

Advocacy

Advocacy

Kara's next birthday

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Please visit our other blogs too