I am this OLD

Lilypie 5th Birthday PicLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 21, 2008

Kara has been home 4 months!!

Meghan was running all over, not in therapy mood, but Kara really was interested, so she and Meghan blew bubbles and played with stacking toys.
Here is a rather dark video of Kara blowing bubbles


Kara has been home 4 months. She is such a little ball of fun, our speech therapist calls her a deliciously squeezable. She is, she has put on enough weight so you can give her a hug without feeling bones!

Kara always makes me laugh when I take her pictures, she gets that "deer in the headlights" look when the flash goes off. Of course all the smiles happened before the digital camera snapped the picture. Got to love that about them.

We took the girls to the annual Down Syndrome Connection picnic, Meghan immediately set Tom on the run, and she played quite a few people, she also managed to get lost briefly twice, which caused hearts to race, she was just at a different area of the playground and fine. Kara crawled around and played on the slides. I got to tell a few folks her story, I admit it, I never tire of that and I was thankful that they actually seemed interested. LOL. They were there with their adorable children too, nothing makes me happier than seeing every ones children! Some of the folks we only see once a year, and their children change and grow so much over that time.

Kara got some hugs and folks proclaimed her beautiful (we agree) but mostly we just walked around with her in the stroller as there was really nowhere for a crawler to play, a lot of sand and kids who do not look down when they run about.

We were supposed to do a sort of kind of welcome Kara thingy (OK I AM blond) but there was chaos, noisy children were running everywhere and it was overwhelming for Kara. Certainly nothing centered around Kara (silly to think it would, but I admit I feel kind of bad about it). I was really looking forward to the other parents meeting her, but we are all chasing our children, and frankly, there was little time for meet and greet.

I stayed put for most of the picnic and tried to keep the 30 MPH winds out of Kara's face, but it seemed the wind was coming from every direction. After a while she seemed to stop caring.

Kara and Meghan were both exhausted yesterday, we all watched videos and took it easy. Both girls went to be early last night, today they seem to have recovered...

Kara is napping right now, and I feel like joining her. Last week was a really busy one and we did not have the weekend to recover :o) Kara has a ways to go before she is 100% comfortable around throngs of people, but she is affectionate and playful with people who spend the time to say hello to her! She was extra clingy yesterday and would not let me out of her sight, so I knew she was a little scared Saturday.

1 comment:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

I am so glad things are progressing well with Kara...
WOW it is hard to realize it has been 4 months...
I am glad you all had fun at the picnic.... Much love to you all.

Advocacy

Advocacy

Kara's next birthday

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Please visit our other blogs too