I am this OLD

Lilypie 5th Birthday PicLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Roma has a $10,000 grant

I know I keep talking about little Roma, we really did love this little guy but we were not approved to adopt a son in either our home study or our I-171H, it was out of the question for us. We traveled to Ukraine to adopt one child, and we knew she would be a daughter, and the Lord helped us find Kara.

Is he perfect, of course not, he is not an angel, he is all BOY, an active lively little boy. I do think he would do best with older siblings. He and Meghan played well together, she is 3 years older than he and he did try to boss her around, but the language barrier got in his way. LOL. He was the ruler of the roost at the baby house as the oldest child there, he is used to being the boss, a younger sibling may be pushed around by him. I base my opinion on how he behaved with the younger children, still, the staff did let him get away with a wee bit more because they all loved him so much. He did listen and behave when told to.

He is talking but since it is in Russian, I could not tell you how well he enunciates. He is potty trained, he loves to dance and sing. He loved the singing competition the staff watched on TV and held a toy like a microphone while he imitated the singers. He also loved snatching up the TV remote and running away as he tried to switch channels. We heard "Roma, Roma" a lot when he would get it. It always made us smile because all the children would cheer him on and they would run around the room laughing.


Roma is in desperate need of a forever family. A very generous sponsor has given $110,000 in grant money to Reece's Rainbow and $10,000 is allocated for this darling little boy.

He ages out of the baby house very soon, and will be transferred to an institution. He is 4 already, and wants a mama and papa more than anything else. Could that be you?

He has the greatest smiles and is quite a rascal!

2 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Prayers that dear Roma finds his forever family soon. He looks like such a doll.

amyl4 said...

Kris,
I think about this little boy EVERYDAY! I love him! Thank you for sharing more pictures of him! He is so sweet!!
Amy

Advocacy

Advocacy

Kara's next birthday

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Please visit our other blogs too