I am this OLD

Lilypie 5th Birthday PicLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday Gratitude Log


Things get rough sometimes, that happens to everyone, but while we are struggling with some things, we have so much to be grateful for.
  • Having a close and loving family whom I enjoy talking to, spending time with, and who all love each other. It is a gift I do not take for granted.
  • My husband, who works so hard and does so much for us. My best friend and the man I have loved for 33 years.
  • Adopting Kara before Ukraine made adoptions nearly impossible. Even though our adoption took many twists and turns, we are so very grateful God helped us find her through sweet and fragile Daria who thankfully found her forever family soon afterwards. We know this was meant to be.
  • Being done with income tax filing with 2 days to spare :o) and getting a refund. PTL
  • Having my first official Gold Canyon candle party next weekend. This will help us continue to raise what we need for our adoption of Amanda.
  • The Down Syndrome Connection picnic this coming Saturday, I am grateful I can spend time with families who can understand parenting children with Down syndrome. I am grateful Meghan and Kara can play with their peers.
  • Having friends who are always supportive even if they do not always agree with me or my plans for my family. They pray with me and for me, and I am grateful to have them in my life.
  • Knowing that no matter what happens, I can always count on HF for guidance and love. I understand I will never be given more than I can handle and each trial leaves me with the gift of learning something which will help me or another person in the future.
  • Receiving donations towards our adoption of Amanda. She has waited 3 years for a family, and we are so close to bringing her home.

With All our Heart"It’s so easy in life for us to receive blessings, many of them almost uncounted, and have things happen in our lives that can help change our lives, improve our lives, and bring the Spirit into our lives. But we sometimes take them for granted. How grateful we should be for the blessings that the gospel of Jesus Christ brings into our hearts and souls. I would remind all of you that if we’re ever going to show gratitude properly to our Heavenly Father, we should do it with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength—because it was He who gave us life and breath" (David B. Haight, "Were There Not Ten Cleansed?," Ensign, Nov 2002, 24).

1 comment:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

I thank God for all that is going on in your life right now. I know that sometimes when we pray and ask for thing it seems like those prayers go unanswered. I rejoice in those prayers as sometimes they were answered and we did not see. Also, Thank God for giving Kara a very loving and nuturing family. I pray she will grow and embrace in the knowledge that Your family opened their hearts and loved her like no other could. (Because each love is unique.

Advocacy

Advocacy

Kara's next birthday

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Please visit our other blogs too