Kara singling, Lalalala, off tune and loudly. LOL
We have DDD and Child Find appointments, DDD (Division of Developmental Disabilities) appointment is April 10th and Child find, who will evaluate Kara for the school district is on April 16th.
I am grateful they are both this month. Child Find asked me if Kara needed an interpreter, I am assuming her receptive English has been growing for months now, but I was taken aback, should we have someone asking her questions in Russian, or does she remember it? I know they lose their language very quickly, but how quickly? Any thoughts? At any rate she does not say any words yet, so she will not be speaking back to them.






3 comments:
I am so excited that you were able to get appointments so soon. I am not sure whether you would need an interpreter. Sounds like she is doing just fine understanding you. I mean if you would like to see if she retained any Russian. Then I would tell them you are unsure whether or not she has retained understanding of the language and maybe they could have an interpreter just come and see if she knows the basic words.... Just an idea.
What I was worried about was the time it would take them to find one, I could see that taking a really long time, plus I would not want her to regress in language aquisition either. I still say some things to her in my really bad Russian, things like I love you and you are beautiful. I think she understands that still.
Kris,
I have no idea about the laungage issue. I just wanted to say what a cute picture.
Carol N.
Post a Comment