It has been a busy week for Kara, Tuesday she was evaluated by the school district, an teacher, PT, St, and OT worked with her and we will go back on the 17th of June for her IEP.Yea, I know I need to trim the grass, I have been busy! LOL
Long term care came today for her medical review, with her delays we are sure she will qualify for state insurance, though she already has private, so all the state will do is pay co-pays and for her dental procedures if needed, basically they cover anything insurance will not if it is medically necessary. They also pay for programs like music therapy or speech therapy in addition to the therapies Kara will get in school. Their budget has been drastically reduced, so they do not pay for a lot and insist the school should cover all her therapy, but with Kara's feeding issues, I think they will cover feeding therapy at least. (praying they do)
Kara being silly
The school district said she will qualify for special education and our pre-school program; "Project Able" I am hoping our home school has an opening for Kara, the teacher there is excellent.
Kara fed herself some food yesterday, but only after I repeatedly told her it was OK, poor little girl is so afraid to try. I think it was not encouraged before.
Kara fed herself some food yesterday, but only after I repeatedly told her it was OK, poor little girl is so afraid to try. I think it was not encouraged before.








4 comments:
Here you can only get the state insurance if your make under a certain amount of money or are over 18 with a disability that prevents you from earning enough to pay your cost. Mercede will qualify for Medicaid when she turns 18 this summer! I can't wait!
What a silly girl. Love to hear of her progress...
YA Kara!!!!!!!!!! Keep it going girl you are doing wonderful.
We can get the insurance, but cannot get SSI for either one, I understand, we are also not allowed to driop our primary insurance on Meghan and have the state pay for her, we have to carry private insurance on her too, so their cost is minimal, it is the therapies that I count on the ALTCCS for.
Kris,
Am glad that you finally got your evaluation. Sounds like she is doing better. I love her pictures. She looks like she is such a fun little girl.
Carol N
Post a Comment