I am this OLD

Lilypie 5th Birthday PicLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Saying goodbye to a special young woman

I read about this amazing young woman last year, I collect articles and stories about people with Down syndrome getting married, working, painting, singing, acting, all positive things I had shared with Meghan, Kara and all my friends.

Sadly Melissa Riggio passed away from leukemia Monday April 7, 2008. She was an advocate and an artist and an inspiration to many families. We are saddened to hear this news. We know Melissa rests in the arms of Jesus now.

http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/Stories/PeoplePlaces/Downsyndrome

The Ring
Words by Melissa Riggio
Music by Rachel Fuller

I'm in the Ring outside
I'm following my belief
I'm looking at the sky
I saw God following my heart

I'm an ordinary woman
The Ring is falling down my way
The wind is blowing me away
The Ring is falling down, down my way
The wind is blowing me away

And so I came back to
The center of the Ring
Am I just a broken angel?
God has sent me here to heal
To be an ordinary woman

3 comments:

Christina said...

I am sorry to hear this...I remember reading this article in the past (not sure how long ago), she is certainly inspiring! Do you know how old she was?

Christina
RR Group

Arizona mom to eight said...

I believe she was 20.

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

So sad to hear that she has passed away. Such a bright light in a dark world.

Advocacy

Advocacy

Kara's next birthday

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Please visit our other blogs too