The girls in February, you can see that Kara is much larger now in the picture below, check out her chubby little arms. I think we need to cut back on her juices. She is drinking more water, thank goodness. You can see that Kara's head is now higher than the back of the bench! Her 18-24 month clothing is too tight, and she is moving into 3T's.
Meghan, excuse the messy hair, we were just outside to water plants, but I wanted to take a few pictures, we have not combed our hair yet...
The funny sisters, they do have more and more fun together. Meghan is also very protective of Kara and gets upset if mommy scolds her (usually for knocking over lamps and glasses full of milk :o()
Both Kara and Meghan forever have their hands in their mouths, when we were in Ukraine Roma (who is still looking for his forever family) also had his hands in his mouth often, they must need that feedback or stimulation? Any other moms notice this? Have any solutions to lessen this behavior?
Roma and Meghan in Ukraine






13 comments:
Kris,
Your girls are adorable! Can't wait to sweet little Amanda sitting there beside them.:) I'm praying everyday that Roma will have a family of his own. He truly is a sweetheart, isn't he?
Amy
Amy,
Thank you, they are my sweeties. Kara is napping and Meghan is taking a break outside. I have some time to myself!
I keep praying someone will feel that spark when they see Roma, I know that we did with each of our girls we comitted to, but we loved that little man. He loved Meghan, they were buddies from the first 5 minutes forward, he was so sad when she went home with her daddy.
My girls go through times where there fingers are in their mouths too... Then I give them chewy tubes and it stops the behavior for a while.
Both girls are absolutely precious.
wendy
Thanks Wendy, They both have them, they do like to chew. Their Barbies hands are splayed from being chewed. It seems like they are forever chewing on their hands.
Kris,
What beautiful girls you have. Meghan looks like such a good big sister. Kara sure has grown look at her sitting there so big and tall.I am gald they are getting along better. Keep the blog entries comming I look foward to seeing new pictures and hearing about both girls and soon Amanda.
carol N.
what sweet pictures!
Kayla chews on her fingers too! She chews on her fingers when she's falling asleep, and then during the day she seems to be biting on her nails. She had stopped doing that for awhile and I was so glad, but now she's started up again. It drives me crazy! We're constantly saying "Kayla fingers!" and she takes them out, but less than a min later they are back in again. It's like she can't help it, she does it without thinking or realizing she's doing it.
I was going through some of her old things the other day and found a chewy tube! LOL I told her if she wanted something to chew on chew on that...she looked at me like I was crazy - and where is it now? Under her bed!
If you figure out how to get them to stop let me know! :)
Michelle,
Meghan's speech therapist said is all a part of the hypotnia and them trying to stimulate their mouths. Meghan chews up everything and we did have a chewy tube for her. Kara got a new one on Monday too. Maybe we need to use a power toothbrush 3 times a day on their mouths? I don't know what else we can do to "wake up her mouth"
How is your baby boy doing, he is so sweet.
I love seeing those new pics of the girls. Great to hear that they are starting to really get along.
I am also happy to hear that Meghan has started being a great big sister.
Meghan loves playing with Kara, but on Meghan's terms. LOL Toy sharing is coming, but still iffy.
Love the pictures!!
Mercede was a thumb sucker and was for years, she also put her hands into her mouth alot. She did grow out of it, but took quite a few years. I do know some kids that didn't stop doing it. No advice on stopping them, sorry.
Oh wait, I forgot, Mercede still chews her nails off, so in a way she still has her hands in the mouth!! lol
Meghan chews her nails off too. I think I am going to look it up and see what speech therapists say?
Kris,
Can you explain to me why the adoption of little Roma wasn't able to happen. I think I am confused.
By the way, I live in Tucson, too so I look forward to meeting your beautiful family at the picnic on Saturday. And you can my meet my very handsome Jordan!
Linette
Linette,
We were not approved to adopt a boy. When you have your home study and fill out paperwork to adopt internationally, you ask for the specific age range and gender of your child. We asked specifically for a girl age 3-5. We were not approved for a boy. Also, we knew we wanted another daughter (or two)
Kris
Post a Comment