We watched the snow come down for most of the night, being from the dry and warmer desert, this was something we were pleased to see. The world transformed around us. All was quiet, we were somewhat melancholy, almost scared about Monday and moving to Vorzel, we had expected to go to Kramatorsk, were prepared to ride the train all the way there. We had no idea really, where Vorzel was.The phone did not ring, I napped during the day, Tom finally drug us out that evening, it was around 5 pm, and we walked to the place where we could use the Internet, it looked like a library, post office and bank, the computers were upstairs. There were a lot of kids on the computers.
Frankly I did not know what to say on the blog, we were still reeling from the about face and not certain how to feel about it. I prayed a lot and felt somewhat at peace about our decision to move forward with Karina's adoption. Tom was introspective, we did not talk much to each other, we were both looking forward to meeting Karina, but Daria's picture was up with the rest of the family photos we took with us. She brought us to Ukraine, we were there because of that sweet little girl, but we were heartbroken because we knew she was only being held at her orphanage until we got there, and now that we weren't going to Kramatorsk, how soon would she be sent to Torez?
What we didn't know was there was a family in America already trying to figure out how to adopt two girls (instead of one) once they got to Ukraine for their own adoption. I wish I had known, I carried such a weight on my heart for much of my 6 weeks there. At one point I was reprimanded for mentioning sweet Daria again, apparently Yelena believed I did not cherish Kara because I was so sad for Daria. I knew nothing about her fate, I was worried about her. No one thought to tell me anything about her, at least from our agency, who was our only contact to the outside world.
We presented them a problem, when the SDA said NO to us about Daria, we lost the facilitator we were supposed to have there. There was no one available for us, and we ended up having Yelena as our facilitator. She had done most of the adoption process, just not all of it for one family, so it was her first time, maybe her last I know it was a huge hardship for her. I will always be grateful to her for agreeing to help us adopt Kara.







No comments:
Post a Comment