I am this OLD

Lilypie 5th Birthday PicLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Sunday, November 2, 2008

November is Adopion Month

Adoption month? I saw this on the adoption newsletter I get, and I felt sad, not because it is adoption month, but because all of our adoption paperwork expired, our AZ certification, our home study (it would have to be updated anyway), both I-171-H for Ukraine and Estonia (because we already adopted) and I realized, if we wanted to adopt again, we had to start completely over again. I could have renewed the AZ certification, but I lost heart and decided not to. Why?

Well we found a dear little girl in Central America whom we just loved, but even though we were given the OK, the agency stopped returning emails, so we took it as a sign that it was not time to commit to another little girl. Honestly I was more excited than DH, I saw her video and fell in love with her, she looked like my SIL's baby pictures, so sweet. I wondered why the call to adopt was still so strong in me, we just brought two little ones home in less than a year, surely God must know we are still adjusting to Amanda being home? Nevertheless, the call is strong; when I saw L, I thought she was the ONE, the little one meant for us. She had to be? why else would we have found out about her? She was also 3, and we knew having 3 three year old with Down syndrome may be a little difficult to manage. I suppose the agency agreed, we were asking for too much to have 4 daughters all with a little extra something!

She is now featured (#1) on the Christmas Angel Tree on Reece's Rainbow. She is walking and feeding herself, and just gorgeous. She would be such a precious addition to any family, please consider adopting her, or at the very least donate towards her grant fund.

2 comments:

traceylynndel said...

Well, Kris I don't think you're nuts. I think everyone should have more than one with something extra. We just have one but even my husband wants another when we ever find the money again. How wierd the agency just stopped talking to you. Rita has three about the same age with DS too. You wouldn't even be alone in having so many. Meredith has three but not all the same ages. How exciting to think about it.

Tracey

Meredith said...

Hey Kris,
I don't think you're crazy either, but then again I have the help of family which really makes a big difference for me with all the medical stuff. Regardless, I'd do it on my own if I had to and of course would love to add more... eventually ;)

I also wanted to reply to your comment on my blog- E's not on blood thinners and hasn't been since being released after her OHS. I first called the cardiologist when it happened earlier this month because I thought the same thing- is it her meds. It's not, just a weird thing for now.

I hope you find a better GI doctor. We now have a wonderful one who is seeing all 3 kids and is great with them. Of course he's a little in the opposite boat saying "of course he has reflux, he has Ds..." where I answer- ah, but my other 2 don't have reflux so let's find out the CAUSE and work on that ;)

((HUGS)) Sorry your next little one isn't coming home right now. She's a cutie. Maybe one day...

Meredith

Advocacy

Advocacy

Kara's next birthday

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Please visit our other blogs too